Hey There! Fireflies.ai is seeking a curious and driven SEO Specialist to support its ambitious growth strategy. The role will be responsible for providing analysis in developing initiatives, implementing optimizations, QA’ing improvements and reporting on performance. This person will have significant involvement across the SEO organization including SEO strategy, technical SEO, product and engineering as well as content and editorial.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct SEO research into consumer demand, keywords, competitors, and SEO best practices to inform project decisions and support prioritization of competing projects.
- Support the content team by providing analysis and recommendations around keyword targeting, E-A-T signals, structure data markup, and competitor insights.
- Dive into the details of larger technical initiatives such as page speed optimization, JS rendering, mobile first indexing, and more.
- Support the SEO A/B experimentation initiative by building out experiment details, QA’ing staged versions, monitoring post launch performance and calculating annualized impacts.
- Stay current on emerging trends, SEO best practices and the latest algorithmic updates.
- Collaborate with others cross functionally to align goals and drive impact.
Who You Are
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, familiar with SEO best practices and trends, and is drawn to the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- High ownership: takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO within and beyond the department, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow SEO’s impact.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive, can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering)
- 3 years of hands-on SEO experience
- Demonstrated track record of success on large, complex web projects
- Understanding of search engine algorithms, ranking methods, processes and popular toolsets
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of data on a regular basis
- Advanced Excel skills
Fireflies.ai is building an AI Voice Assistant for the workplace. The platform automatically captures, transcribes, and generates meeting notes. The company is focused on building a searchable knowledge base that unlocks key insights buried inside voice conversations. In just the past year, Fireflies has taken notes for over 2 million people and is used by folks across 30,000+ companies. Fireflies was rated by Gartner as one of the top 25 startups to watch for in 2020. The company has raised $19 million from top-tier investors, including Canaan, Khosla Ventures and angels from Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, and Salesforce. They have a 85+ global team across 12 countries.
Fireflies.ai has raised $19 million from top-tier investors including Khosla Ventures, Canaan, execs from Slack, Dropbox, Amazon & Salesforce.
You'll be working with Sam Udotong, CTO @ Fireflies.ai. Sam graduated from MIT in 2016 where he studied computer science and aerospace engineering. He and his co-founder Krish were [featured as the cover of Entrepreneur magazine in Sept 2020]
(https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/355478). He's been a [speaker at the MIT AI Conference 2020](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywhY2DCIZqU) alongside industry leaders like Richard Socher and Sal Khan. He's guest lectured at Stanford for their intro to AI class. Sam is scrappy & committed - he and Krish bootstrapped the company for 3 years, eating Soylent and Domino's pizza almost every day. [Being Scrappy as an Entrepreneur (Product Demo)](https://app.fireflies.ai/view/vWQjdABHqU). He rejected Harvard Business School to build Fireflies. Sam's goal is to build a multi-regional, boundary-less engineering team that has A+ productivity & communication such that when you go to sleep, you can hand off work and when you wake up, work has already moved forward. If we do these first principles well, we can theoretically build the best engineering organisation in the world.
We want to transform how people communicate and work. Come work with us if you share the below values and want to work on hard engineering challenges that will actually make a difference in the lives of people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity at our company, because our team will be stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.