As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be expected to work directly on our product. We expect you to write well-architected, tested, secure and scalable code as part of a team of a few other engineers. You'll have a lot of autonomy over your own schedule and you'll work together with product managers, designers, and front-end engineers to solve common goals.
We value your skills and abilities more than your resume. Here's what we look for:
- You have raw intellectual horsepower and the ability to learn quickly
- You have a strong background in computer science/math
- You contribute to open source (share your GitHub)
- You have experience working on apps that have supported 10,000+ concurrent users
- You understand sound architecture principals
- You can design and build scalable infrastructure
You'll be working with
- Node.js, MongoDB
- Redis, RabbitMQ, Elastic-search
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Terraform
- React, Keras, Tensor flow
Values that are important to us:
- You're data-driven and customer-focused
- You value fast & incremental engineering cycles
- You maintain design excellence and minimise complexity
- You measure your results & automate when possible
- You get 10% better at something every week
- You have an internal compass and take accountability & initiative
You should be a great communicator and culture maintainer:
- Take a look at our culture document:
- We value over-communication and candid feedback and want to build a no-bs, results driven culture
- Work remotely anywhere in your respective country
- Ability to move laterally within team easily
- Bounty programs & monetary incentives
- Quarterly bonus
We believe that the best perks are giving employees a top-of-the-market salary and letting them chose how they want to spend it without restricting them.
[Fireflies.ai](http://fireflies.ai) is an AI that joins meetings and takes notes automatically. [Product demo](https://app.fireflies.ai/view/ogM9zmKij2). We integrate with the leading platforms: Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Webex, Slack, Salesforce, & more https://fireflies.ai/integrations)).
We’re a US-based, AI company that is building a 100% remote team. Today we have over 60 employees in 6 countries around the world. Our engineering team is 30+ senior engineers.
We were [featured on Forbes for Gartner’s top 25 enterprise software startups to watch in 2020](https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2020/07/05/gartners-top-25-enterprise-software-startups-to-watch-in-2020/). We skyrocketed from a few thousand users to almost 100,000 users in 2020.
[Fireflies.ai](http://fireflies.ai) has raised $19 million from top-tier investors including Canaan and angels from Slack, Dropbox, Amazon and Salesforce.
You'll be working with Sam Udotong, CTO @ Fireflies.ai. Sam graduated from MIT in 2016 where he studied computer science and aerospace engineering. He and his co-founder Krish were [featured as the cover of Entrepreneur magazine in Sept 2020]
(https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/355478). He's been a [speaker at the MIT AI Conference 2020](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywhY2DCIZqU) alongside industry leaders like Richard Socher and Sal Khan. He's guest lectured at Stanford for their intro to AI class. Sam is scrappy & committed - he and Krish bootstrapped the company for 3 years, eating Soylent and Domino's pizza almost every day. [Being Scrappy as an Entrepreneur (Product Demo)](https://app.fireflies.ai/view/vWQjdABHqU). He rejected Harvard Business School to build Fireflies. Sam's goal is to build a multi-regional, boundary-less engineering team that has A+ productivity & communication such that when you go to sleep, you can hand off work and when you wake up, work has already moved forward. If we do these first principles well, we can theoretically build the best engineering organisation in the world.
We want to transform how people communicate and work. Come work with us if you share the below values and want to work on hard engineering challenges that will actually make a difference in the lives of people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity at our company, because our team will be stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.